Sales are final on clearance items and collectible items (collectible card game packs, card singles, comic books, blind booster items, etc) and these items may not be returned.
Pre-Orders and Special Order Policy
There is no deposit required on normally stocked items. Special orders may require a deposit. Non-paid for items will be held a maximum of 30 days from release date (pre-orders) or notification of receipt of items (special orders). After 30 days they will be returned to inventory. Fully paid items will be held for up to 180 days for your convenience. After 180 days they may be disposed of due to storage constraints.
Lost and Found
We will store found items for a minimum of 30 days. If you believe you may have left something at Zia Comics please let us know ASAP and we can search for it. Items left more than 30 days may be disposed of due to storage constraints.
Zia Comics Code of Conduct
All staff, players, spectators, customers, and visitors are expected to conduct themselves in a way that ensures all participants, customers, spectators, and staff enjoy themselves as much as possible. If your conduct makes it not fun for anyone else to participate, observe, shop, or be at Zia Comics it is not allowed.
Zia Comics reserves the right to ask anyone to leave at any time. Zia Comics may at our sole discretion prohibit you from future events should you violate any portion of the Code of Conduct.
Participation in our events may result in your photograph being taken for promotion on Zia Comics website, social media, and literature. Some game companies also require photographs of our events for Organized Play support. They may use those images in their marketing efforts as well. By participating in our events you are agreeing to let your image be used as described above. If you have a concern about this policy please speak to a staff member.
The following are not tolerated:
- Foul or Abusive Language: this will not be tolerated at any hosted event. You may be expelled from any event without prizes at the sole discretion of Zia Comics staff for any derogatory, abusive, or foul language.
- Bullying: including hazing, discriminatory or derogatory language, comments, or activities will not be tolerated at any level.
- Theft: of any property is not tolerated and will result in a minimum of a 30 day banning and a report to local law enforcement and sanctioning body for all events.
- Improper Attire: Wearing of obscene, demeaning, or overly revealing attire is not allowed. You may be asked to leave if you are wearing anything that we believe to be inappropriate. This is at the sole discretion of Zia Comics staff.
- Poor Personal Hygiene: If you haven’t taken a shower or washed your clothes in a while we may ask you to leave and do so.
- No Drugs or Alcohol: in or out of your person. Anyone caught with illegal drugs at a Zia Comics event including parking lots may receive a life-time ban on the first offense without warning.
- No weapons: Zia Comics prohibits the carrying of concealed weapons by all persons other than law enforcement officers and staff.
- Horseplay: Horseplay of any kind (hitting, mock fighting, kicking, etc.) is not tolerated. You may be asked to leave for Horseplay at the discretion of Zia Comics staff.
The following are expected from all players, customers, spectators, and staff:
- Fairness: Games cease to be fun when players break the rules to achieve victory. Taking advantage of inexperienced players or customers for personal gain through trades or promotion of competing businesses at our events is not fair and will not be tolerated.
- Honesty: Players of any game should strive to act honestly while playing that game. If a player inadvertently breaks a rule during a game and becomes aware of the error before his or her opponent or a judge, that player should make the opponent and the judge aware of the misplay. Observing an illegal activity and not reporting it immediately to Zia Comics staff is a violation of the Code of Conduct. We ask that you tell us about any illegal activities involving actions in our stores or at our events.
- Respect: Players, spectators, customers, staff, and property should be treated with the same respect that players would expect for themselves and their property. Distracting an opponent or a judge to gain advantage shows disrespect to everyone involved in an event.
- Promotion, Solicitation, and Purchasing – conducting any business without express permission in writing from Zia Comics is disrespectful of the community and business of Zia Comics. This includes the promotion of, buying or selling of cards, games, or other items including any form of purchase or sales and event promotion for any other venue. Doing so without express written permission is strictly prohibited and grounds for expulsion from any event and/or denial of entry for any and all future events at the sole discretion of Zia Comics staff.
- Carry in food and beverages are allowed in a limited basis. We allow you to bring in lunch or dinner but ask you purchase your snacks and refreshments from us to support the game space. Large amounts of snacks or refreshments will not be tolerated without permission. Permission will be granted for pre-arranged events such as private birthday parties.
- Sportsmanship: Winning or losing with grace is vital to the enjoyment of any game. The desire to continue playing a game can be soured by players that berate their opponents after winning or losing a match. Demeaning, disrespectful comments, or actions before, during, or after a game indicate poor sportsmanship and will not be tolerated.
- Learning: We all want more people to play games with. Players should strive to help each other increase their play skills, game knowledge, and experience. It is not a player’s responsibility to make his or her opponent’s plays for that opponent. However, discussing strategies, offering tips, or constructively critiquing game play decisions after a match has been completed helps both participants to become better players.
At the end of the day we want all participants, spectators, customers and staff to have had a fun and enjoyable experience and thank you for following Zia Comics Code of Conduct to make this possible.